7 Places to Find (and Fight!) Your Fears1. What pluses have come from your negative experiences?
You may need to dig deep, but be assured, you will find a lesson.
2. Are there areas where you have inherited potential blocking behaviors and attitudes similar to those of your family members?
Awareness is a great first step to stopping behaviors that you don’t like in others.
3. Which of your own dreams or beliefs have you put aside in order to fulfill the expectations of others?
It’s time to live the life you deserve.
4. What do you need to let go of to finally grow up?
Stop putting the blame on your parents or siblings. Accepting total self-responsibility is an empowering feeling.
5. What is the biggest mistake you ever made and what did you learn from it?
My new book is full of my own mistakes. I have learned to trust myself when I fall down, knowing that getting back up is just as natural a part of life.
6. What did your parents teach you about making mistakes?
Either they made you feel guilty or they encouraged you to learn from your errors. If your situation is the former, then it’s time to let go of the guilt.
7. Both in the past and the present, what parts of yourself have you hidden from others for fear they would disapprove of you? What parts do you hide even from yourself?
Once you are determined to take off your training wheels, you’ll be amazed at what you will discover about yourself!
This article and tips are Copyright © Joyce Weiss.
Joyce Weiss, P.O. Box 250163, West Bloomfield, MI 48325-0163 1-800-713-1926, http://www.joyceweiss.com, firstname.lastname@example.org